Thursday, October 06, 2005

Social Entrepreneure ?

I remember having answered to one of the emminent B school questionnaire on my ambitions in life.Yes ...indeed to become a social entrepreneure. But even I was confused to core what it really means and what exactly i sought to achieve? At least one thing that is clear over here is the term entrepreneure. Leadership quality, self motivation and creativity are the aspects of true entrepreneure. But a social entrepreneure is aimed towards creating a good civic state and he is happy in executing his duties towards well being of fellow citizens. The fact that a social worker be termed as entrepreneure is attributed to his ability to create a self support system which along with improving civic state of the citizens also makes them financially independent by not only creating a pool of jobs but also encouraging enterprising talents to achieve their pinnacles.

We all are social activists deep within for we all want to change the course and face of society for good. Probably we would devote ourseleves too for the cause if our livelihood needs are taken care of and we dont have to worry about our daily bread .But i sincerely am of the opinion that the one's faith in enacting social duties is worthless if one is unable to lead himself.Also an entrepreneure who cannot earn a bread for himself is something unheared of.

And so my aim becomes pretty clear :-
  • to be able to support myself financially and socailly on my own.
  • to be able to identify the social cause.
  • to be able to fulfill my personal ambitions not on the cost of my social duties and maintaining strict discipline adhering to distancing my social duties and works from my personal achievements.This simply means is that my personal gains should always be separate from my social entrepreneual activities.
  • to be able to devote my thinking prowess, strengths and energy towards my social cause alonside my personal efforts to earn livelihood.
  • to aim at creativity rather than prosperity for the enterprise i set up should be self supportive , scalable as well as forever involving more and more communities.

i always knew this would be my path .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home